Salem, Oregon had quite the thunder storm last night! Were you prepared?
- Did your gutters overflow?
- Were undiscovered roof leaks revealed?
- Are your windows properly sealed?
- Does the weather stripping on your doors need to be replaced?
Those are just a few of the items that could need some attention before the harsh winter weather sets in. There’s nothing like a good ol’ thunderstorm! While Salem doesn’t have them on a regular basis, they do come with a fury and can cause damage if you aren’t prepared.
A Salem autumn can be a beautiful thing. There are still lots of bright, clear days to enjoy and time to get your winterizing check list complete. If you need some assistance, 3Rs Construction is available to help you complete your tasks.
Do your gutters leak and need replacing? Contact 3Rs Construction & Remodeling, your local contractor today!
So what kind of things should be on your autumn to-do list?
3Rs Construction & Remodeling suggests that you put these tasks on your annual autumn check-up:
- Have your furnace serviced
- Cut back vegetation in close contact with your home
- Inspect paint and caulking on exterior surfaces
- Inspect interior caulking and sealants at all wet locations
- Check all pilot lights and combustion sources
- Check down spouts
- Clean and inspect gutters (do this one twice a year)
- Check dryer, vents, fan, and HVAC ducts
- Sweep debris off the roof
- Treat for moss
Some of these items you may be able to do on your own, but others will require professional attention. 3Rs Construction & Remodeling is the contractor in Salem that you can trust to guide you through your autumn check list. Give us a call, 503-363-1059 or use our handy contact form on our 3Rs website. We look forward to hearing from you and we hope you have a wonderful Willamette Valley autumn!