Plan Ahead With This Check-List
In the hustle of packing for an emergency situation many people forget some of the more important things. Once you leave your home, you will not be allowed to go back until the situation has changed and it is safe to return.
This short list is not complete, but it will help you get started.
- Important Paperwork – Wills, Insurance paperwork, diplomas, birth certificates, titles, banking information, etc.
- Photos and Art that are not replaceable
- Phone Chargers
- All Prescription Medications
- Hearing Aides and Glasses
- Clothing for 2 weeks
- Toothbrush and toiletries
- CPAP – or any Medical Equipment
- Children’s security items
- Deck of cards – there will be down time and a game of cards is a good distraction,
- Guns and Ammo
- Valuables – Jewelry, Heirlooms, Keepsakes
- Jackets or Sweat-shirts, and Hats and Gloves
- Flashlights and spare batteries
- First Aid
- Toilet Paper
- Working Gloves
- Tool Box
- Sleeping bags
- Camping gear
Be sure to have a full tank of fuel in the car you have packed. Traffic can back up and it may be a slow drive getting to safety.
You may want to check out these other helpful articles.