Remove Mold with Environmentally Friendly Dry Ice Blasting by 3Rs Construction
Mold is a common problem here in Salem, Oregon. While the rain and mist keeps our beautiful Willamette Valley green and lush, sometimes the moisture can find it’s way into our homes. The green is nice growing outdoors, but we certainly don’t want any unwanted green growing indoors. Moisture damage can lead to unhealthy mold and it will need to be removed.
If you're looking for a non-chemical solution to a mold problem, dry ice blasting could be the answer.
- No use of harsh chemicals to polute the air
- No residue is left behind
- No need to get new building materials
- No contaminated materials to haul away to a landfill
Sublimation is the key to why there is no residue left behind. On our 3Rs Construction page titled, "Dry Ice Blasting and Restoration", we explain it like this:
...because it sublimates at room temperature leaving behind nothing but a clean surface, the removed material and a fog that dissipates quickly. The frigid temperature of the dry ice (-109.3°F or -78.5°C) “blasting” against the material to be removed causes it to shrink and lose adhesion from the surface it is stuck to.
Keeping your home environment clean, safe, and healthy is important to 3Rs Construction. We have the experience you desire for home restoration projects, and green solutions are options we like to use!
If you have questions about dry ice blasting or would like to get a quote, please give us a call, 503-363-1059 or use our convenient online contact form.
Take a look at this video of dry ice blasting in action!
Featured image of clover from Pixabay