3Rs Joins Sleep in Heavenly Peace to Build Beds
If you’re looking for a tangible way to help children in the community, then we have a recommendation for you. Sleep in Heavenly Peace is a national non-profit with local chapters that builds bunk beds for children in need, and it’s easy to get involved!
According to their national website, this is how it works:
- DONATIONS Individuals, businesses and organizations donate bedding and building materials.
- VOLUNTEERS Individuals, businesses and organizations team up with local chapters and organize a build day.
- BUILD DAY Volunteers build bunk bed components and assemble beds.
- DELIVERY Volunteers deliver and set up bunks and bedding for families in need.
This month, 3Rs Construction had the great pleasure of working with the Canby chapter of Sleep in Heavenly Peace (SHP) at the JLC Live Residential Construction Show. We signed up for a time-slot to participate in building bunk bed components and our team was eager to get started!
After getting some simple instructions, we were able to make enough parts for 10 complete bunk beds! These pieces will soon be delivered and assembled for children in the community, along with sheets, a blanket, pillow, and pillow case.
We visited with some of the organizers during our construction time and they’re excited about what they do! It’s obvious that they’re committed to making a difference in the lives of children and we found it to be a beautiful, heart-felt offering of their time and skills.
One volunteer shared a story of a little boy who was so excited about getting his bed, that he climbed up on it and fell asleep before they could put the sheets and blanket on!
Katie Sigler, Canby SHP Chapter President, was so appreciative about our participation that she asked for a picture with the 3Rs Construction team. (That’s her in the center of the picture above, wearing the grey jacket) Thank you Katie and Canby volunteers, for giving us the chance to be a part of your worthy efforts!
We hope you enjoy the photo album of our bed building!
If you would like more information about Sleep in Heavenly Peace in our area, we’ve got some links for you:
- SHP National Web Page: https://www.shpbeds.org/
- SHP National FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/SHPbeds/
- SHP Canby Web Page: https://www.shpbeds.org/chapter/or-canby
- SHP Canby FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/SHPCanby/
- SHP Albany Web Page: https://www.shpbeds.org/chapter/or-albany
- SHP Albany FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/SHPAlbany/
If building isn’t your thing, there are other ways to help like donating funds, organizing a build day, delivering beds, bedding drives, and more!
DO YOU KNOW A CHILD THAT NEEDS A BED?
Requests can be made online or connect with a local chapter.